To integrate sources effectively in your paragraphs, you could include the following elements:
- information-prominent and/or author-prominent in-text references which are relevant and support your argument
- appropriate reporting verbs to demonstrate your understanding and interpretation of others' ideas
- sentences which include your voice to show connections between others' ideas, the topic and your argument
- suitable cohesive devices to help your ideas flow
- in-text citations whenever the sentence has ideas which are not your own.
Click through the slideshow below to learn about the use of voice and how to integrate sources effectively in your writing. Slide 6 includes an annotated example to show what integrating sources in a paragraph might look like.