Attend this workshop (face-to-face or online)
- Learn how to unpack and understand your assignment tasks
- Register here
- Access the workshop slides here (pdf)
The information, resources and activities below are useful to:
- prepare for the workshop
- access if you are unable to attend
- refresh your understanding after the workshop.
Watch the video (2 minutes, 43 seconds)
Key points from the video:
- Always check your task instructions in the early stages, before you start writing.
- Make sure you understand all parts of the assignment.
- Your task instructions might explain the structure, formatting and type of assignment.
- The task instructions are usually in your Course Outline, but check your Course site for more information (e.g. feedback forms, assessment tabs, links & guides).
- When analysing the assignment task, identify:
- the content words which show what you have to focus on
- the instruction words which tell you how to approach the content
- the limits of the assignment.