Playford Recording Studio
Playford Recording Studio
|Course:||learnonline Help (Staff)|
|Book:||Playford Recording Studio|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Saturday, 25 November 2017, 3:08 AM|
Table of contents
Booking the Playford Recording Studio
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Select the Calendar button.
- At the top of your screen, select the New Meeting icon.
The New Meeting window will open.
- Select the Rooms button.
The Select Rooms window will open.
1. Type the words DIV-HSC-Playford in the Search window. The search will automatically find the recording studio calendar.
2. Select DIV-HSC-Playford Recording Studio P5-17 from the list.
3. Select the Rooms button to add the room.
4. Select the OK button.
The room will now be added in the 'To' section.
5. Choose a Start date and time.
6. Choose a Finish date and time.
- Select the Scheduling Assistant icon to check that your date and time are free.
When you have found a free date and time, select the Appointment icon and enter your Name in the Subject then select the Send button.
Your request will be monitored by the Team and a booking confirmation will be sent to you. If you do not receive a booking confirmation then the room is NOT booked.
Tips and Tricks
Please view our Tips and Tricks video before using the Playford Recording Studio. It will give you valuable insight into industry 'tips' and 'tricks' that will assist you prior to and during your recording session.
Before you use the studio...
View our Tips and Tricks video for ideas and useful information on how you can best use the studio.
Before you use the recording studio make sure you...
- have booked enough time for your session via the Playford Recording Studio room booking calendar.
- make an appointment with one of the Health and Clinical Education team members for training or set aside 15 minutes at the start of your booked time.
- think about what you want you want to achieve and what you want your audience to learn from the video session.
- know what you want to say (script your session if necessary).
- Keep your recordings to shorter snippets of information (no more than 7 minutes if possible).
- know what presentation style you want to use (lectern, free standing or interview)
- your PowerPoint presentation should be saved in On-screen Show (16:9) format (you can change the format via the Page Setup icon on the Design tab).
- have your PowerPoint, image, movie or other media on a usb stick or laptop.
- have a usb stick that has a high write speed (minimum of 3.0) or you can borrow one of ours.
- think about what you are going to wear for the recording session (no stripes or green).
- are present at all times if students or external parties are using the recording studio.
- make sure any students or external participants have signed a Talent Release Form.
- be aware that your recording may take some time to upload to Echo 360 if the file size is large.
Training must be completed before staff or students can use the recording studio. Please allow an additional 15 minutes at the start of your session time for training or book in a separate session prior to your recording session.
Please review the training instructions prior to your training session.
A staff member must be present at al times if students or external parties are using the recording studio.
Playford Recording Studio Instructions
1. Slide the door sign to "Recording studio in use".
2. Load your presentation source:
- via a USB stick on the resident PC – need to turn on the PC in the top of the rack (press the button) and then log-on via the username and password provided. Details can be found on top of the computer rack. Then load your USB as normal.
- via a laptop / media source which you can plug in through AV cable, or HDMI cable. Make sure you plug in the mic through VGA if there is audio content in your presentation/media (automatically streamed in HDMI)
- Find a background on resident PC (Folder on desktop).
- Or there is a generic UniSA backdrop available through the touch screen.
3. Touch the screen on either the iPad or the lectern panel to begin.
4. Select a presentation style: Lectern, Free standing or Interview, the black image border will turn blue. Select Next Step button.
5. Select Presentation behind or Logo behind (one of the three panels below will appear). Select Next Step button.
6. Select the Advanced mode button in the centre of the panel if required, to change the camera angle: pan, tilt or zoom or use the auto-focus. Select Next Step button.
7. The system will prompt you to plug in your presentation source if you have not already completed this step. Select Next Step button.
8. Attach and turn on the lapel microphone. Select Next Step button.
9. Insert a USB stick into the wall for recording output file. Check that the recording time is sufficient - the panel will show in Green that the USB has been detected . The panel will now show the recording time in hours and minutes that are available on your USB stick (2GB = 30 minutes). Select Next Step button.
10. Select the Record button to start recording. Wait for the red light above the computer rack to turn red to indicate that the camera is recording. Simultaneously the 'Recording' light above the studio door entrance will also turn red letting others know a recording session is occurring. If you use the Pause button the orange light will indicate that you have paused your recording.
11. When you have finished recording select the Stop button. There is a time lag before recording stops (approx. 15 seconds)
12. WAIT for the recording studio equipment to write your recording to your USB stick. This can take some time depending on the length of your recording.
13. Once the Done panel appears and the green light has come on next to the usb panel in the wall, you can safely remove your USB stick. DO NOT remove the usb stick until you see the Done panel and the green light.
14. Select the Shut down button if you have finished your recording session or select the Start another session button to begin another recording session.
Congratulations, you have now successfully completed your recording session!
15. Please read the information on the door "Before you leave the studio" and make sure all steps have been completed.
For information on editing and uploading your file to the Echo360 Lecture recording system please view the online resource "Uploading your file to Echo360".
You can also upload your file to the UniSA Media Library via your course website.
Before you leave the studio
Before you leave the Playford recording studio…
Make sure you…
- put the lapel microphone back into the recharger.
- log off if you use the room PC.
- have your usb stick with the recorded file.
- have all your devices such as laptops, ipads or usb sticks.
- Shut down the studio when you are finished via the lectern panel or iPad.
- leave the area as you found it (e.g. Tub chairs in the correct place, no litter or personal items left in the room).
- turn off the lights.
- shut the door behind you.
- slide the sign across to ‘Recording studio not in use’.
Uploading your recording file to Echo360
Navigate your way to your course homepage and click on the Manage lecture recordings link in the Course Essentials block.
Log in to Echo 360 using your University User Name and Password then select Login button.
Select the Media Import link at the top left hand side of the screen.
1. Choose the Term ( Study period or ongoing).
2. Choose the Course.
3. Choose the Section.
4. Enter a Title.
5. Choose Media Type (Audio and Video for Playford Recording Studio file).
6. Select Upload a file button and Browse for your file.
Your file will then be uploaded and you can view via the progress bar.
7. Verify Media File information via green ticks.
8. Select Next button.
9. Choose the Product Group.
10. Select Start Processing button.
Echo 360 will then process your file and provide you with an email that has direct links to the uploaded file. You can then link to the file or download to edit. For more information on editing your file please see the Echo360 help.