Playford Recording Studio
Playford Recording Studio
|Course:||learnonline Help (Staff)|
|Book:||Playford Recording Studio|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Saturday, 24 February 2018, 2:50 AM|
Table of contents
Booking the Playford Recording Studio
When booking the Recording studio please be advised that a booking confirmation will be sent to you. If you do not receive a booking confirmation then the room is NOT booked.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Select the Calendar button.
- At the top of your screen, select the New Meeting icon.
The New Meeting window will open.
- Select the Rooms button.
The Select Rooms window will open.
1. Type the words DIV-HSC-Playford in the Search window. The search will automatically find the recording studio calendar.
2. Select DIV-HSC-Playford Recording Studio P5-17 from the list.
3. Select the Rooms button to add the room.
4. Select the OK button.
The room will now be added in the 'To' section.
5. Choose a Start date and time.
6. Choose a Finish date and time.
- Select the Scheduling Assistant icon to check that your date and time are free.
When you have found a free date and time, select the Appointment icon and enter your Name in the Subject then select the Send button.
Your request will be monitored and a booking confirmation will be sent to you. If you do not receive a booking confirmation then the room is NOT booked.
Tips and Tricks
Please view our Tips and Tricks video before using the Playford Recording Studio. It will give you valuable insight into industry 'tips' and 'tricks' that will assist you prior to and during your recording session.
Before you use the studio...
View our Tips and Tricks video for ideas and useful information on how you can best use the studio.
Before you use the recording studio make sure you...
- have booked enough time for your session via the Playford Recording Studio room booking calendar.
- have made an appointment with local IT for training prior to your session.
- Organise access to the recording studio with Security.
- think about what you want to achieve and what you want your audience to learn from the video session.
- know what you want to say (script your session if necessary).
- Keep your recordings to shorter snippets of information (no more than 7-10 minutes if possible).
- know what presentation style you want to use (lectern, free standing or interview)
- your PowerPoint presentation should be saved in On-screen Show (16:9) format (you can change the format via the Page Setup icon on the Design tab).
- have your PowerPoint, image, movie or other media on a usb stick or laptop.
- have a usb stick that has a high write speed (minimum of 3.0) or you can borrow one from the TIU.
- think about what you are going to wear for the recording session (no stripes or green).
- are present at all times if students or external parties are using the recording studio.
- make sure any students or external participants have signed a Talent Release Form.
- be aware that your recording may take some time to upload to the media library if the file size is large.
If you have any questions please contact the IThelpdesk on Ph: 8302 5000 or email: ITHelpDesk@unisa.edu.au
Training must be completed before staff or students can use the recording studio. Please allow an additional 15 minutes at the start of your session time for training or book in a separate session prior to your recording session.
Please review the training instructions prior to your training session.
A staff member must be present at al times if students or external parties are using the recording studio.
Playford Recording Studio Instructions
Please look at the 'Before you use the studio' information prior to your session.
1. Make a booking to use the room.
2. Organise for Security to give you access.
3. Walk over to the touch screen and press anywhere on the screen.
4. Select what style you want to record with then press OK.
5. If required, you can select Advanced mode and change camera angle, pan, tilt, zoom and focus. You can also select Green Behind and insert a background later.
6. Insert USB 3.0 into the wall input then press OK. (must be USB 3.0 as it has a higher write speed).
7. Turn on the lapel mic and attach it to your clothing in a discreet place but close enough to your mouth so your voice can be picked up clearly. Make sure you turn it off when finished and place firmly in the charging cradle until the light comes on.
8. if you are using the presentation behind mode, you need to insert your presentation from your USB into the room computer or insert your own device into the HTML port.
9. Press Record and wait 5 seconds before speaking. Pause if you want to take a rest but you will need to edit this in post production. When you press Pause it will pause instantly, however, when you press Pause to start recording again, there is a 5 second delay before recording recommences.
10. When you are done, press Stop, wait for a few seconds then press OK.
11. When you press OK the recording will write across to your USB. DO NOT take out your USB until the recording unit has written it across to your USB.
12. The Shut Down or Start a New Session panel will then show and you can begin another recording session or shut down the studio.
13. Do not forget to remove the USB from the wall.
13. Do not forget to remove your USB from the computer if you used it for your presentation and then log off from the computer.
14. Turn off the ceiling lights and shut the door.
Before you leave the studio
Before you leave the Playford recording studio…
Make sure you…
- put the lapel microphone back into the recharger.
- log off if you use the room PC.
- have your usb stick with the recorded file.
- have all your devices such as laptops, ipads or usb sticks.
- Shut down the studio when you are finished via the lectern panel or iPad.
- leave the area as you found it (e.g. Tub chairs in the correct place, no litter or personal items left in the room).
- turn off the lights.
- shut the door behind you.
- slide the sign across to ‘Recording studio not in use’.
Uploading your recording
You can upload your file to the UniSA Media Library or Echo360
To upload to the UniSA Media Library, follow the instructions that can be found here.
If you want to upload to Echo 360 follow the instructions below.
Navigate your way to your course homepage and click on the Manage lecture recordings link in the Course Essentials block.
Log in to Echo 360 using your University User Name and Password then select Login button.
Select the Media Import link at the top left hand side of the screen.
1. Choose the Term ( Study period or ongoing).
2. Choose the Course.
3. Choose the Section.
4. Enter a Title.
5. Choose Media Type (Audio and Video for Playford Recording Studio file).
6. Select Upload a file button and Browse for your file.
Your file will then be uploaded and you can view via the progress bar.
7. Verify Media File information via green ticks.
8. Select Next button.
9. Choose the Product Group.
10. Select Start Processing button.
Echo 360 will then process your file and provide you with an email that has direct links to the uploaded file. You can then link to the file or download to edit. For more information on editing your file please see the Echo360 help.