3. Set up: OnTask in learnonline
To use OnTask in your learnonline course, it needs to be added as an external tool. Follow the instructions below or visit our help page for a detailed guide on how to add an external tool.
|Tip: OnTask can only be accessed once there is students enrolled and the course is available to them|
- Navigate to your course, and turn editing on
- Select what section you want the tool to be located and click ‘+ Add an activity or resource’
- In the Activity and Resource list, find and select ‘External Tool’
- Click ‘Add’
- Name your activity e.g. OnTask
- In the Preconfigured tool list, select ‘OnTask’
- Note: Preconfigured tools include the relevant configuration to ensure the tool works as expected. Unless you have a specific reason to make changes to the default settings you do not need to make any other changes to the settings.
- Click ‘Save and return to course’
- Click the Hide option for this tool to prevent student confusion as shown in the picture below: