Magill Recording Studio
Magill Recording Studio
|Course:||learnonline Help (Staff)|
|Book:||Magill Recording Studio|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Monday, 25 March 2019, 12:54 PM|
Table of contents
Booking the Magill Recording Studio
Open Microsoft Outlook
Select the Calendar button
At the top of your screen, select the New Meeting icon
The New Meeting window will open
Send the invitation to MAG-B1-47A@unisa.edu.au
Choose the start and finish day and time
Then click send
You will receive an automated reply with confirmation of booking or notice that the room is full at that time
Accessing the Room
Where is the room?
The room is located in B building, just around the corner from Campus Central. Look for the Magill Recording Studio sign hanging from the ceiling. It is in the suite of 4 rooms that make up B1-47.
Gaining access to the room
Access to the green screen recording studio is through card access. You will need to visit security to have access to the green screen recording studio added prior to your recording session.
Before you use the studio make sure you
- Have booked enough time for the session.
- Make an appointment with of an Online Educational Designer Kim Hynes.
- Think about what you want to achieve and what you want your audience to learn from the media recording.
- Know what you want to say (prepare a script if necessary).
- Keep your recordings to shorter snippets of information (less than 7 minutes if possible).
- Know what presentation style you want to use (UniSA logo, Presentation behind, or Picture in Picture).
- Save you PowerPoint presentation in On-screen Show (16:9) format. You can do this through the Design tab.
- Have your PowerPoint presentation, media or image on a USB or laptop.
- Ensure you have the correct cable if you are using your own laptop (HDMI to HDMI is provided).
- Have a USB which you can save your recording to, this needs to be a USB 3.
- Think about what you are going to wear for the recording session (no stripes or green).
- Are present at all times if students or external parties are using the recording studio.
- Make sure any students or external participants have signed a Talent Release Form.
Training must be completed before staff or students can use the recording studio for the first time.
Contact Kim Hynes to arrange a training session.
Please allow 15 minutes at the start of your session time for training or book in a separate session prior to your recording session.
If you require additional support during your recording session and Kim is not available the Academic Library Services team for the Division of EASS are trained in how to use this room and are happy to assist you.
Library staff can be contacted by email or on extension 24643.
A staff member must be present at all times if students of external parties are using the recording studio.
Magill Recording Studio Instructions
Please look at the 'Before you use the studio' information prior to your session.
1. Make a booking to use the room.
2. Slide the door sign to 'Recording in session'.
3. Walk over to the touch screen and press anywhere on the screen
4. Select what style you want to record with press Next.
5. If required, you can select Advanced mode and change camera angle, pan, tilt, zoom and focus. You can also select Green Behind and insert a background later.
6. Plug your USB 3 into the wall input.
7. Turn on the lapel mic and attach it to your clothing in a discreet place but close enough to your mouth so your voice can be picked up clearly.
8. If you are using the presentation behind mode, you need to insert your presentation from your USB into the room computer or insert your own device into the HTML port.
9. Press record and wait 5 seconds before speaking. Pause if you want to take a rest but you will need to edit this in post production. When you press pause it will pause instantly, however, when you press pause to start recording there is a 5 second delay to give you time to get ready to record again.
10. When you are done, wait for 5 seconds after you have finished speaking before pressing stop.
11. Press OK and then Shut Down or Start a New Session.
12. Remove your USB from the wall.
13. Remove your USB from the computer if you used it for your presentation and log off from the computer.
14. For best results leave the ceiling lights on.
15. Slide the door sign to 'Not in use'.
Before you leave the studio
Before you leave, please make sure you....
- Put the lapel microphones back into the charger
- Log off from the PC in the room
- Take the USB from the wall
- Take all your devices such as laptop, tablet and USB sticks
- Leave the room as you found it (eg. put the stools into the corners and remove all rubbish)
- Turn off the lights
- Shut and lock the door behind you
- Slide the sign on the door to 'Not in use'