Course Site Basics Update
Upload an image to a page
Please make sure to first turn editing on to complete this process.
- Position the cursor where you wish to insert the picture.
- Select the Insert/edit image icon.
- Select Find or upload an image
- Select "Choose File" and select your file.
- Enter an alternative name if required to associate with the image as it is stored associated with the object.
- Enter an author name if necessary. This will default to the name of the person uploading the file
- Choose your license (copyright information).
- Select upload this file.
- The file name will display.
- Enter an Image description.
- Select the Appearance tab if you wish to check additional settings or select Insert.
- Select the alignment for the graphic related to surrounding text.
- Select the dimensions of the graphic. If the Constrain proportions is selected, changes to the width will cause a proportionate change to the height and vice versa.
- Enter a value to include vertical or horizontal space around the graphic.
- Enter a value to add a border around the graphic.
- Set the Class if required
- The properties associated with the graphic will display
- Select the Advanced tab to select required additional settings or Insert.
- Select to include an Alternative image.
- Select the alternative image to display when the mouse is over the picture and / or when the mouse is not over the picture.
- Enter a Title for the picture. This will display when the mouse hovers over the image and is necessary for accessibility.
- Select Insert.
Additional settings are not necessary for the majority of users.