During Study Period - Assignments
Access assessments - Four ways
View Assignment activity
NOTE: If you make any changes the system will remember what you have selected previously.
We recommend that if you change anything return it to the default before leaving the page.
* Assignments per page
* First name
- Click Filters and Quick Grading to expand the menu
- Select desire number of Assignments per page from the dropdown
NOTE: Student submissions and Staff feedback files will only display if 50 or less is shown
NOTE: If you are wanting to release all grades to students at the same time then select All from the dropdown, but if you have more than 300 students then we recommend selecting 100 and releasing in batches
- There are a couple of Filter options you can select, depending on what you want to see:
- No Filter - will show all students in the assessment
- Not Submitted - will only show students who have not submitted anything
NOTE: if the student submitted something and then deleted it the system will still record them as submitting and they will not appear if this Filter is selected
- Submitted - will only show students who have submitted something
- Requires Grading - will only show students who do not have a grade entered yet
- There are a couple of Workflow filter options you can select, depending on what role you have in Moodle. Staff have the ability to change the Workflow state of students and we recommend that you only use this feature if you have a large number of markers and have a clear defined process with them. Example: once Markers have entered a grade for students and uploaded any feedback they change the Workflow status to Ready for review. This way the Course Coordinator will know they can now moderate the marking and release grades if appropriate.
NOTE: Markers will have less options than Course Coordinators
- No Filter
- Not marked
- In marking
- Marking completed
- In review
- Ready for review
- File naming convention allows you to switch between Username and Student ID. We recommend leaving it on the default of Username.
- Quick grading allows you to enter grades and text comments on the grading page (without having to go into each student). More details on how to use this can be found here.
- Show only active enrolments defaults to being ticked and we recommend leaving it so.
- Download submissions in folders defaults to being ticked and we recommend leaving it so.
- If you are looking for a particular student you can select the desired first letter of their First name and/or Surname
NOTE: we recommend you select All for First name and/or Surname before you leave the grading area to prevent potential future confusion.
- Visible groups and Separate groups work identically in assignment activities. They allow you to select the desired group from the drop down. Summative assessments have class numbers by default. If this is a group submission you can add your groups to the summative assessment grouping which will allow you to select a group from the drop down.
NOTE: Grouping instructions will walk you through adding them (summative assessment groupings will only have as an Edit option and the grouping name is what is listed in the brackets after Visible groups in the picture above).
- Any column name which is a hyperlink will allow you to order the students by that column detail. If you click once the system will put the students in ascending order, clicking a second time will put them in descending order.
NOTE: DO NOT double click! When you have clicked once be patient for the system to re-order the students.
- The + indicates a column has been hidden. Click on the + to expand it again.
- The - indicates a column is expanded. Click on the - to hide it.