During Study Period - Assignments
Enter Grades on a Group assignment
Instructions on how to access assignments can be found here.
The following can help you alter your view of the students before you start entering marks and feedback. Putting the students in ascending order by Surname may save you time in Step 8 below.
The below will only work if the assessment was set up as a group assignmentprior to students submitting.
- Click on the blue Grade button or click Edit and then Grade.
- Enter a Grade out of #.
- Select desired Marking workflow state. You don't have to change it at this point if you don't wish. The only Workflow state that effects the students is Released.
NOTE: You can change this for all students in bulk.
- Enter any Feedback comments you have for the student.
- Upload any Feedback files you have for the student.
- The system will default Apply grades and feedback to entire group to Yes. This means that what ever grade and feedback you have placed in for that particular student ALL the group members will now receive.
HINT: if you have a situation were all bar 1 or 2 group members contributed evenly:
- Grade one of the students who receives the bulk grade/feedback first.
- Leave the default as yes for the first student.
- Grade the student(s) who require different grades/feedback from the bulk of the group
- Change grades/feedback accordingly and before you click Save changes change Apply grades and feedback to entire group to No.
- Click Save changes to return to the student list.