LRS & Panopto Help
Add video using the Panopto editor button
You can add Panopto videos to a Label or Section using the editor button. This button is visible to Course Coordinators within any activity that includes the Editor window (Labels, Sections, Books, Forum posts, etc.).
The most common way to add a video to a course site is through a Label so that a student can mark the activity as complete. However, it will depend on the structure of your course site as to which option works best for you.
The instructions below go through adding the Panopto video within a label. If you are inserting media into another resource open the editor for that resources and then you can follow from step 5.
- Click Turn Editing On
- Click Add an activity or resource
- Select Label from the list
- Then click Add
- From the Label text section click on the Panopto button (the green Panopto logo)
- From the following screen you will have the option to Choose from existing video content within the course media folder, Upload a new video to the course media folder, or Record a new video (this will open the Panopto recorder program)
- Once you have made your selection click the Insert button
- If applicable change the Common Module Settings or Restrict Access
- Then click Save and Return to Course
- Your video will now be inserted on the course page