LRS & Panopto Help
Viewing embedded content - browsers
A computer 'cookie' is a chunk of data that websites send to your computer when you visit them, your computer then stores the cookie inside your web browser. Cookies enable you to be logged into the learnonline system and view an embedded Panopto video without needing to login to both systems. For University computers, Panopto's cookies have been allowed so this transfer of information can take place seamlessly. However due to the way cookies are stored or 'cached' in your browser, sometimes they can cause issues.
If you are having difficulty viewing Panopto videos that are embedded within learnonline, clearing your preferred browser of stored cookies from Panopto will often resolve this issue. This will provide a clean storage space for your next login.
- Note: clearing all cookies, although quicker, does not always work. We recommend targeting the specific Panopto cookies in this particular case.
Click from the list to see how to clear your cached cookie data for each browser:
- Clearing Panopto cookies in Chrome
- Clearing Panopto cookies in Firefox
- Clearing Panopto cookies in Safari
- Clearing Panopto cookies in Internet Explorer
- Note: Microsoft Edge does not currently support the requirements for viewing embedding Panopto content in learnonline.
- Log off and close all existing Chrome browsers you have open.
- Re-open Chrome.
- Click the vertical ellipses in the top right-hand side of Chrome.
- Click Settings.
- Enter 'cookies' in the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and click 'Site Settings'.
- Click 'View permissions and data stored across site'.
- Type Panopto in the search bar, this will display all cached information relating to Panopto in Chrome.
- Click the vertical ellipses next to the Panopto links.
- Click 'Clear data'.
- Confirm the decision to clear data for Panopto by clicking 'Clear'.
- Log off and close all existing Firefox browsers you have open.
- Re-open Firefox.
- Click the hamburger icon.
- Click 'Options'.
- Enter 'cookies' in the search bar at the top right-hand of the screen.
- Click the 'Manage Data...' option.
- Type Panopto in the search bar, this will display all cached information relating to Panopto in Firefox.
- Click 'Remove All Shown'.
- Click 'Save Changes'.
- Confirm the decision to clear data for Panopto by clicking 'Remove'.
- Log off and close all existing Safari browsers you have open.
- Re-open Safari.
- Click 'Safari' in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Click 'Preferences'.
- Click the 'Privacy' tab in the navigation bar across the top.
- Click 'Manage Website data...'.
- Type Panopto in the search bar, this will display all cached information relating to Panopto in Safari.
- Click 'Remove All'.
- Click 'Done'.
- Confirm the decision to clear data for Panopto by clicking 'Remove Now'.
- Log off and close all existing Internet Explorer (IE) browsers you have open.
- Re-open IE.
- Click the cog icon in the top right-hand corner of the browser.
- Click 'Internet options'.
- Click 'Settings' under the Browsing history section of the General Settings.
- Click 'View files'. This will open where your IE cookies are locally stored.
- Use the top right-hand search bar to look for Panopto cookies.
- Select all items listed by dragging your mouse over the files with the left side of your mouse pressed.
- Click 'Delete' on your keyboard.
- Confirm you want to delete the cookies by clicking 'Yes'.
Note: These guides are correct as of August 2019. Using the following versions of each browser:
- Google Chrome: Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- Mozilla Firefox: Version 60.8.0esr (64-bit)
- Safari: version
- Internet Explorer11: Version 11.1268.16299.0IS