Playford Recording Studio
Before you use the studio...
View our Tips and Tricks video for ideas and useful information on how you can best use the studio.
Before you use the recording studio make sure you...
- have booked enough time for your session via the Playford Recording Studio room booking calendar.
- have made an appointment with local IT for training prior to your session.
- Organise access to the recording studio with Security.
- think about what you want to achieve and what you want your audience to learn from the video session.
- know what you want to say (script your session if necessary).
- Keep your recordings to shorter snippets of information (no more than 7-10 minutes if possible).
- know what presentation style you want to use (lectern, free standing or interview)
- your PowerPoint presentation should be saved in On-screen Show (16:9) format (you can change the format via the Page Setup icon on the Design tab).
- have your PowerPoint, image, movie or other media on a usb stick or laptop.
- have a usb stick that has a high write speed (minimum of 3.0) or you can borrow one from the TIU.
- think about what you are going to wear for the recording session (no stripes or green).
- are present at all times if students or external parties are using the recording studio.
- make sure any students or external participants have signed a Talent Release Form.
- be aware that your recording may take some time to upload to the media library if the file size is large.
If you have any questions please contact the IThelpdesk on Ph: 8302 5000 or email: ITHelpDesk@unisa.edu.au