Playford Recording Studio
Playford Recording Studio Instructions
1. Slide the door sign to "Recording studio in use".
2. Load your presentation source:
- Plug in laptop / media source through AV cable, or HDMI cable. Make sure you plug in the mic through VGA if there is audio content in your presentation/media (automatically streamed in HDMI).
- USB stick on the resident PC – need to turn on the PC in the top of the rack (press the button) and then log-on via the username and password provided. Details can be found on the wall above the computer rack. Then load your USB as normal.
- Find a background on resident PC (Folder on desktop).
- Or if you prefer, there is a generic UniSA backdrop available through the touch screen.
3. Touch the screen on either the iPad or the lectern panel to begin.
4. Select a presentation style: Lectern, Free standing or Interview, the black image border will turn blue. Select Next Step button.
5. Select Presentation behind or Logo behind (one of the three panels below will appear). Select Next Step button.
6. Select the Advanced mode button in the centre of the panel if required, to change the camera angle: pan, tilt or zoom or use the auto-focus. Select Next Step button.
7. The system will prompt you to plug in your presentation source if you have not already completed this step. Select Next Step button.
8. Attach and turn on the lapel microphone. Select Next Step button.
9. Insert a USB stick into the wall for recording output file. Check that the recording time is sufficient - the panel will show in Green that the USB has been detected . The panel will now show the recording time in hours and minutes that are available on your USB stick (2GB = 30 minutes). Select Next Step button.
10. Select the Record button to start recording. Wait for the red light above the computer rack to turn red to indicate that the camera is recording. Simultaneously the 'Recording' light above the studio door entrance will also turn red letting others know a recording session is occurring. If you use the Pause button the orange light will indicate that you have paused your recording.
11. When you have finished recording select the Stop button. There is a time lag before recording stops (approx. 15 seconds)
12. WAIT for the recording studio equipment to write your recording to your USB stick. This can take some time depending on the length of your recording.
13. Once the Done panel appears and the green light has come on next to the usb panel in the wall, you can safely remove your USB stick. DO NOT remove the usb stick until you see the Done panel and the green light.
14. Select the Shut down button if you have finished your recording session or select the Start another session button to begin another recording session.
Congratulations, you have now successfully completed your recording session!
15. Please read the information on the door "Before you leave the studio" and make sure all steps have been completed.
For information on editing and uploading your file to the Echo360 Lecture recording system please view the online resource "Uploading your file to Echo360".