Discipline Specific Resources
6. Occupational Therapy
Details relating to each Occupational Therapy placement will be emailed out by the Clinical Placement Unit (CPU).
Occupational Therapy have designated placement liaison staff who will communicate further with you prior to student placements commencing.
Provided below is documentation to support you as a supervisor/facilitator:
1. Planning for Placement
- AOTA Framework 4th Edition
- Implementing Occupation-Centred Practice (search using DOI number) doi.org/10.4324/9781315297415
- Occupational Therapy Board - Code of Conduct, Standards
- OPPM Fearing Clark and Law
- OPPM Guide and Questions
OTPEC-Q: Enabling quality practice education - https://otpecq.group.uq.edu.au/ (This site contains resources from the team who developed the SPEF-R Tool)
2. Getting to know your student(s)
- Supporting Students from CALD Backgrounds
- HO4 Learning Styles
- Supervising international students on placement
- Supporting dyslexic and dyspraxic health and social care students
- The SPEF-R2 Training
Website is a public site that has a range of useful information and
- For all other questions relating to SPEF-R2, please contact your students respective University Course Coordinator.
Workshops 2021OT Practice Education sessions 1-6 for clinical supervisors:
Workshops 2022Welcome to Practice Education (PPT of presentation) - Moving Forward 28th July 2022.
Presentation recording accessible here.