UniSA Media Library
Link to video
You can link to uploaded video and audio in:
- Discussion forum
- Mahara ePortfolio
The process is the same for each format however the example used in the following help video and instruction demonstrates adding a video link to a discussion forum.
Important Note on Audio: There is a bug in the audio upload confirmation email which is currently being resolved. The file type is identified as mp4 (video) rather than mp3 (audio). You will need to manually change the file type in the link before pasting it into your webpage, as per the following example.
Note on Access: Media that is set to the Private category can only be viewed by you. You will need to change to an appropriate discipline category. If you uploaded the media via the UniSA Media Library Content page (see Manage Content) you probably have already done this however, if you uploaded the media for assessment then by default it was set to Private and you will need to change the category if you want it viewed by other UniSA students and staff.
Help Video - Add a link to a discussion forum
- Select the forum that you want to add the video to.
- Click Add a new discussion topic.
- Enter the Subject of the discussion.
- Enter the message text.
- Open the video confirmation email.
- Highlight and copy the video link ONLY.
- Note: The embed code won't work in a forum or wiki.
- Paste the link.
- Press the space bar once to make it a hyperlink if it shows as straight text
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click Post to forum.
- Click Continue.
- Click the new post and test the video.