Magill Recording Studio
Magill Recording Studio Instructions
Please look at the 'Before you use the studio' information prior to your session.
1. Make a booking to use the room.
2. Slide the door sign to 'Recording in session'.
3. Walk over to the touch screen and press anywhere on the screen
4. Select what style you want to record with press Next.
5. If required, you can select Advanced mode and change camera angle, pan, tilt, zoom and focus. You can also select Green Behind and insert a background later.
6. Plug your USB 3 into the wall input.
7. Turn on the lapel mic and attach it to your clothing in a discreet place but close enough to your mouth so your voice can be picked up clearly.
8. If you are using the presentation behind mode, you need to insert your presentation from your USB into the room computer or insert your own device into the HTML port.
9. Press record and wait 5 seconds before speaking. Pause if you want to take a rest but you will need to edit this in post production. When you press pause it will pause instantly, however, when you press pause to start recording there is a 5 second delay to give you time to get ready to record again.
10. When you are done, wait for 5 seconds after you have finished speaking before pressing stop.
11. Press OK and then Shut Down or Start a New Session.
12. Remove your USB from the wall.
13. Remove your USB from the computer if you used it for your presentation and log off from the computer.
14. For best results leave the ceiling lights on.
15. Slide the door sign to 'Not in use'.