Changing Settings Update
Activity completion refers to a check-box on the main course page for students, it is shown next to each activity with the Completion tracking option enabled. It is an easy way for students to see what they have completed and what they haven't, and may even provide a little encouragement for them to get things done.
- Completion tracking has 3 options:
- Do not indicate activity completion: This will disable "Activity Completion" for the activity.
- Students can manually mark the activity as completed: This means that the student will be able to press on the activity completion check-box in the main course page to tick this activity as completed.
- Show activity as complete when conditions are met: This will enable the rest of the options for this section. Requireview (B), Require grade (C), and Expect completed on (D). The student will not have the choice to manually tick the activity completion check-box, and will have to complete the requirements defined next.
- Require View means that the students' activity completion check-box will not be ticked until the student has viewed the activity.
- Require Grade requires the choice of one of the following options:
- Student must receive a grade to complete this activity: If we select this option it will mean that the activity completion check-box will not be ticked until the student has had a grade returned to them for this activity.
- Student must submit this activity to complete it: If we select this option, the student does not need to wait for a grade to be returned to have the activity completion check-box ticked, they only need to submit.
- Expect completion on is the date the activity is expected to be completed by. It will not show to the students, however is useful as it will appear in the Activity Completion Report.