Changing Settings Update
Where this block appears
Settings for Where this block appears are separated into two sections.
- Where this block appears enables the modification of the general settings for the block.
- On this page settings enables the modification of the default settings for the visibility, location and position of the block for each individual webpage within their course website.
- Original block location represents the page where the block was originally created. This is useful as the block may have been created on the front page of a website and used in activities throughout the course. This is set by the system and not editable.
- Display on page type determines what pages the block will be displayed on, depending on the context of the block and user permissions. Available selections include:
- Any page
- Any course page
- Any type of course main page
- Default region determines whether the block will show on the left or right side of the page by default.
- Default weight determines in what order the block will appear on the page, compared to other blocks, with -10 being at the top of the page.
- On this page: Visible allows the user to select whether the the block is visible on each page within their website.
- On this page: Region allows the user to select the position on the current page the block should appear.
- On this page: Weight allows the position of the block relative to other elements on the current page to be set.