Groups and Groupings Update
You can auto-create groups to randomly select users from all default groups in the course. To create groups only from within a particular default group, see Create manual groups.
From the Administration block;
- Select Users
- Select Groups
- Select Auto-create groups.
- Select a Naming scheme. Group@ will automatically create Group A, Group B etc. Group# will automatically create Group 1, Group 2 etc.
- Select to x Number of groups or x Number of members in each group.
- Enter the number of groups or number of members per group depending on the selection in step 2.
- Select the role from which to choose group members ie students, staff or all.
- You can elect the group members to be selected from a specific cohort, grouping or existing group.
- Select to Allocate Members randomly, based on their name or based in their ID.
- Select the Prevent last small group checkbox to allocate additional members to an existing group rather than creating a new group with fewer members than specified. This applies when Members per group is selected in the Based on field.
- Select Ignore Users in Groups to only allocate members who have not yet been allocated a group
- Select to Include only Active Enrolments to ensure students who have withdrawn are not included in the groups.
- Select Grouping of Auto-created Groups to automatically generate a grouping and populate with the new groups, allocate groups to existing groups, or not allocate to a grouping as required.
- If a new grouping is selected in step 10, enter a Grouping name for the new grouping.
- Select Preview to view created groups before submitting.
- Select Submit.