Mark a summative assessment Update
Allocate a marker to a group
To allocate a marker to a specific group, there are a few steps that need to be followed. Steps 1 - 6 are only relevant for the first time you allocate markers for an assignment.
Visible groups in Assignment Settings
- Turn editing on.
- Click on the 'Assignments' option from the drop down in the 'This course' menu.
Click on the title of the assignment where it is deployed in your course.
- Click 'Edit settings' for the assignment that you want to allocate markers too.
- Enable marking allocation under the 'Grade' area of the assignment settings.
- Select Visible Groups for the Group mode setting. This is located under 'Common module settings' area of the assignment settings.
- Click Save and display.
Bulk Marker Allocation
- Click the View all submissions option, this will take you to the assignment grading table.
- The groups will now be displayed at the top of the submission page. Select the group that you want to assign a marker to from the drop down.
- Click the check box immediately under Select to select all students
- Now with all students selected, choose 'Set allocated marker' from the 'With selected...' drop down in the top right-hand side of the submission page.
- Click Go.
- This popup might vary somewhat between browsers. Click OK to proceed.
- Select the marker that you want to assign to this group from the 'Allocated Marker' drop down.
- Click Save changes.
- Repeat Steps 7 - 13 as required for assigning a marker to the remaining groups.