Mark a summative assessment
Release grades to students
NOTE: Only Primary / Course Coordinators can release grades.
Video: How to Release Grades to Students
Releasing grades to students is potentially a five step process. These steps are required to ensure that the correct marking workflow state is applied to each phase of marking. Step 2 can be omitted if the marking team is not using marking workflow.
Step 1 - Select assessment
Select the assessment that you want to release to students.
- Select View/grade all submissions.
Step 2 - Set marking workflow filter
Note: This step can be omitted if the marking team is not using marking workflow.
- Select Options.
- Set the marking workflow filter to your marking team's final state prior to release. This may be Marking completed but will vary according to the team's marking strategy.
Step 3 - Select students
- Select the top check box to release grades to all students or
- Select individual students as required.
- Activate the drop down list.
Step 4 - Set final marking workflow state
- Select Set marking workflow state.
- Click Go.
- Click OK.
Step 5 - Release grades
- Change marking workflow state to Released.
- Click Save changes.
A confirmation message will display at the top of the screen.