Grant a Quiz Time Extension
Time extensions can be used to grant additional time when the quiz is open for an extended period with a time limit, for example the quiz is open from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, and has a 2 hour time limit to complete. Time extension allows additional time, on top of the 2 hour time limit, within the open period. To grant extra time in a fixed period quiz, eg in an exam situation where the quiz will only be open for the exam period eg 9:00 - 12:00, use Extension date / time to support use cases such as student access plans.
- For manual time extensions, you first need to navigate to 'Extensions' via the Course Essentials block.
- Locate the student who requires the time extension in the Student drop down.
- Select the relevant quiz from the Assessment name drop down.
- Note: if your quiz does not appear here it may not be linked to a summative activity.
- Enable the Time extension by checking the box.
- Note: The current time limit will appear above this option
- Select the required amount of time to extend the quiz by.
- Click on Grant extension.
- Note: The extension time will be displayed on the extension page and the student will receive an email to advise them that an extension has been granted.