Creating a Summative Assessment
- On the course homepage, Turn editing on.
- Click 'Add an activity or resource' in the section of your course where you want the assessment to be displayed.
- Click the activity type that the summative assessment is going to be.
Note: Summative assessment can only be an assignment, database, forum or quiz.
- Click Add which is located at the bottom of the 'Add an activity or resource' box.
- Check the box from the list of summative assessment activities displayed. These assessments are drawn from the Course Outline.
- Click the Proceed to settings button at the bottom of this page.
- Add the description and instructions for this assessment.
Note: There are many settings and generally only some settings require attention, as all settings have the correct defaults. See the Assessment Settings page if you need more information.
- Click either Save and return to course or Save and display depending on what you want to do.
Note: After saving, if the system takes you back to the course homepage then your assessment has saved. If it takes you back to the top of the setting page you need to scroll down and there will be a red box indicating where there is an issue. For example:
After addressing the issue, scroll down to the bottom and click Save and return to course or Save and display again.
Last modified: Wednesday, 8 January 2020, 1:52 PM