Visibility of Activities & Resources
The concept of Orphaned Activities has been replaced in Moodle 3.3 (released on 6 January 2018) by functionality that allows a resource or activity to be placed within a week or topic section but set to "Available but not shown on course page". A simple link can then be used within Moodle pages, resources or activities that links to a resource or activity that is set to "Available but not show on course page". This makes it easier for course coordinators to manage content which can be added within relevant week or topic sections (that contain the link) rather than creating orphaned sections at the bottom of the page.
Set Activity & Resource Visibility
- On the course homepage, Turn editing on.
- Click Edit.
- Select 'Edit settings' from the drop down.
- Open the Common module settings tab by clicking on it.
- Select 'Make available but not show on course page' from the Availability drop down.
- Click the Save and return to course button.
- Available but not shown on course page will display under the activity or resources on the course homepage.
Link to Resource
- To link to the resource or activity that is available or not shown, right click on the activity or resource title.
- Select 'Copy link address' or 'Copy link location' (this varies slightly depending on what browser you're using).
- This link address can be used to create links anywhere within learnonline resources and activities.