- On the course homepage, Turn editing on.
- Click 'Add an activity or resource' in the section of your course where you want the chat to be displayed.
- Select the Chat option from the activities list.
- Click Add which is located at the bottom of the 'Add an activity or resource' box.
- Name the Chat.
- Provide a Description if needed.
- The Next chat time option allows you to schedule the chat time.
- The Repeat/publish session times option defaults to 'Don't publish any chat times', but you can choose from several options: 'No repeats - publish the specified time only', 'At the same time every day' or 'At the same time every week'.
- The Save past sessions option allows you to save past chat sessions for a specific time (up to 365 days) or to never delete messages.
- The Everyone can view past sessions option allows you to moderate who can view past chat sessions.
Other settingsThe other settings you can change on the Chat page are shown below:
- Click either Save and return to course or Save and display if you want to preview the activity.
Last modified: Tuesday, 10 December 2019, 4:25 PM