The feedback activity enables you to create a custom survey for collecting feedback from students using a variety of question types. Unlike the Survey tool it allows you to write your own questions, rather than choose from a list of pre-written questions and unlike the Quiz tool, you can create non-graded questions. Feedback responses may be anonymous if desired, and results may be either shared or restricted.
Adding the Feedback Activity
- On the course homepage, Turn editing on.
- Click 'Add an activity or resource' in the section of your course where you want the feedback to be displayed.
- Select the Feedback option from the activities list.
- Click Add which is located at the bottom of the 'Add an activity or resource' box.
- Name the Feedback activity and provide a description if needed.
- If you want the activity to be completed within a set time, the Availability settings allow you to set an open and close date:
Feedback - Question and submission settings
- You can choose to have the responses from the students anonymised or their names logged with their responses.
- If enabled for anonymous surveys, students can submit feedback an unlimited number of times.
- If enabled, this option will notify you of feedback submissions.
- This option, if enabled, will automate numbers for each question.
Feedback - After submission
- Choose if you want the analysis page to display to students.
- This content will display to students when they have completed the Feedback activity.
- After submitting the feedback, a continue button is displayed, which links to the course homepage. Alternatively, it may link to the next activity if the URL of the activity is entered here.
Other settingsThe other settings you can change on the Feedback page are shown below:
- Click Save and display if you want to begin adding questions.
- See Feedback Questions for how to add content to your activity.