Overview of Quizzes
The Quiz activity in learnonline allows you to design and build quizzes containing many question types (e.g. multiple choice, true/false, short answer). learnonline stores all quiz questions in a question bank, from which they can be imported into different quizzes—for example, for revision purposes
The system will automatically grade multiple choice or True/False questions. Short answers or Essay questions will have to be manually marked. The system will not show an overall mark until ALL questions have a mark.
You can create a large question bank and then randomly select a number of questions, which reduces the likelihood of students taking the same quiz.
To create a quiz, you first create an empty 'shell' which you then add questions too.
- On the course homepage, Turn editing on.
- Click 'Add an activity or resource' in the section of your course where you want the quiz to be displayed.
- Select the Quiz option from the activities list.
- Click Add which is located at the bottom of the 'Add an activity or resource' box.
- If your quiz is intended to be a summative assessment, choose the relevant assessment from list populated through Course Outline. Otherwise check the 'Formative or non-assessed activity' box.
- Click Proceed to settings.
- Name the quiz at the top of this page and provide a description for students.
- See Quiz Settings if you need further information on how the quiz works.
- Click either Save and return to course or Save and display if you want to begin adding content.
- Go to Adding Questions to a Quiz to create the quiz questions within the activity you have just created.
Last modified: Wednesday, 8 January 2020, 11:53 AM