Create a Certificate or Add a Template
Once you have created your custom certificate, you will see the following page, this where you can view your certificate however it will currently be blank until you have added elements to it.
To create your certificate follow the steps below, if you want to use a template certificate go to Using a template.
- Click Edit certificate in the Administration block.
- From these options you can:
- Change the name of your certificate.
- Change the width and height of your certificate, it defaults to A4 size.
- Add margins to your certificate.
- An element is any item that will display on your certificate, it can include a background image, a student's grade and the course name.
To add an element to your certificate, choose the item from the drop down list.
- Click the Add element button.
- The options on this page will vary depending on what element you're adding to the certificate. The example below is adding a grade to a custom certificate.
- Name the element (this will not display on the certificate).
- Choose which graded item you want this certificate to produce.
- Choose the grade format, the options are points, percentage or letter.
- Choose the font, size and colour for the grade to be displayed. The below image has the default options.
- Choose a width for the element - '0' means that there is no width restriction.
- The reference point is the location of an element from which its placement is determined.
- Click Save changes to proceed or cancel.
- Continue adding elements to your certificate by repeating steps 3, 4 and 5.
- Note: The elements are displayed on the certificate in the chronological order displayed here. The order can be changed by using the arrows next to each element.
- Once you have added all the elements to your certificate that you want, click Reposition elements.
- The next screen allows you to drag and drop the elements of your certificate into the position you want them.
- Click Save and close to return to the editing page.
- Click either Save changes or Save changes and preview to save your certificate. The later option will download a certificate to preview.
If you want to use a UniSA template for your certificate, follow the below steps:
- Click Edit certificate in the Administration block, as in step 1 above.
- Scroll past the creating options to the Load Template tab.
- Choose the template you want from the drop down menu.
- Click Load.
- Click Continue if you want to proceed with using the template, it will delete any certificate that you have created.
- Now this is implemented you will be taken back to the editing page for the certificate. Click either Save changes or Save changes and preview to save your certificate. The later option will download a certificate to preview.