- On the course homepage, Turn editing on.
- Click 'Add an activity or resource' in the section of your course where you want the book to be displayed.
- Select the Book option from the resources list.
- Click Add which is located at the bottom of the 'Add an activity or resource' box.
Book - General
- Name the Book.
- Add a Description if required in this section.
- If enabled, the description above will be displayed on the course homepage.
Book - Appearance
- Select the formatting you want your book to be divided by, the options are: None, Numbers, Bullets or Indented.
- Select the navigation style you want your book to have, the options are: Images, Text or Table of Contents only.
Normally the chapter title is displayed in the table of contents AND as a heading above the content. If the Custom titles checkbox is selected, the chapter title is NOT displayed as a heading above the content.
Other settingsThe other settings you can change on the Book page are shown below:
- Click either Save and return to course or Save and display if you want to preview the book and begin adding content.
Last modified: Tuesday, 10 December 2019, 4:45 PM