Linking to content outside the University domain can be useful to enhance learning but remember that the University has no control over content posted in external websites. Check these links in your course regularly to confirm that the content is the same that you originally linked to.
- Note: URLs can also be added in any rich content editor throughout learnonline with the linking icons:
Adding a URL
- On the course homepage, Turn editing on.
- Click 'Add an activity or resource' in the section of your course where you want the URL to be displayed.
- Select the URL option from the resources list.
- Click Add which is located at the bottom of the 'Add an activity or resource' box.
URL - General
- Give a relevant Name to the URL.
- Enter the External URL.
- Add a Description if required.
- If enabled, the description above will be displayed on the course homepage.
URL - Appearance
- Select how the URL Displays, the options are; Automatic, Embed, In frame, New window, Open and In pop-up.
- The pop-up dimensions are locked.
- Choose this checkbox if you want the URL description to display.
Other settingsThe other settings you can change on this page are shown below:
- Common module settings
- Restrict access
- Activity completion
- Tags: this feature allows you to add tags to the URL
- Click either Save and return to course or Save and display if you want to preview the hyperlink.
Last modified: Thursday, 12 December 2019, 4:12 PM