Activity completion refers to a checkbox on the course homepage for students, it is shown next to each activity with the Completion tracking option enabled. It is an easy way for students to see what they have completed and what they haven't:
Enabling Completion Tracking
- On the course homepage, select the 'Edit settings' link in the ADMINISTRATION block.
- Open the Completion tracking tab by clicking on it.
- Enable completion tracking through selecting 'Yes' from the drop down.
- Click Save and display to update this setting in your course.
Completion Tracking Options for a Resource or an Activity
There are three options that are generally available in Activity completion that determine the requirements for a resource or activity to be marked complete.
These are options are set through the Completion tracking drop down in the settings of the resource or activity and are:
- Do not indicate activity completion: this means this assessment will not be included in the list of activities students need to mark as complete.
- Students can manually mark the activity as completed: this means the students can manually mark this assessment complete at any time.
- Show activity as complete when conditions are met: this option enables the requirements beneath to be used. Multiple conditions may be set if you want. If so, the assessment will only be considered complete when ALL conditions are met.
There are three conditions that can be enabled to automatically track student completion on activities. The resource options are less varied.
If you select more than one condition, the assessment will only be considered complete for the student when all conditions are met.
The possible conditions are:
- Student must view this activity to complete it
- Student must receive a grade to complete this activity
- Student must submit to this activity to complete it
Set due date
The Expect completed on setting allows you to specify the date when the activity is expected to be completed.