Adding Questions to a Quiz
You can add questions to a quiz in three ways:
- create them one at a time within the quiz
- retrieve them from a question bank
- import them from a file on your network or computer, or from one of your uploaded course files
Individual Question Creation
After clicking Save and Display after creating your quiz, you will be presented with the following view which will allow you to add question individually.
- Click Edit quiz to begin adding questions.
- You will then see the following view:
- Click the pencil icon if you want to name the header.
- Otherwise click Add to decide what content you want to add. This example will use adding a new question.
- Choose the question type you want to add. There is an online overview of the question types. This example is using a Select missing words.
- Click the Add button, located at the bottom of the box.
- Choose a Category for your question to belong to, it will create a default group if you don't make a different one.
- Type the Question name.
- Type the text of the question. The missing words must be enclosed within double square brackets with a number, such as [].
- Change the Default mark if required.
- Provide General feedback if needed, this is shown to students after they have completed the question. You can use the general feedback to give students a fully worked answer and perhaps a link to more information they can use if they did not understand the questions.
- Decide if you want the possible answers to be shuffled for each attempt.
- Enter as many possible Answers that you want.
- Assign it to a Group. The group designates the possible answers that will form the drop down.
- Type feedback you wants students to receive for correct and partially correct answers.
- Click the checkbox if you want the number of correct responses to be shown at the end of the question.
- Type the feedback you want students to receive for incorrect answers.
- When questions are run using the 'Interactive with multiple tries' or 'Adaptive mode' behaviour, the student will have several tries to get the question right, this option controls how much they are penalised for each incorrect try.
- If you want, add a hint or multiple hints to give students after an incorrect attempt.
- If you have entered a hint, you can choose to clear incorrect responses and show the number of correct responses.
- Add Tags to the question if you want.
- Click the Save changes button to return to the editing quiz page.
Last modified: Wednesday, 8 January 2020, 9:59 AM