Add Video Using the Panopto Editor Button
You can add Panopto videos to a Label or Section using the editor button. This button is visible to Course Coordinators within any activity that includes the Editor window (Labels, Sections, Books, Forum posts, etc.).
The most common way to add a video to a course site is through a Label so that a student can mark the activity as complete. However, it will depend on the structure of your course site as to which option works best for you.
The instructions below go through adding the Panopto video within a label. If you are inserting media into another resource open the editor for that resources and then you can follow from step 5.
- Login to the learnonline course site.
- Click the Turn editing on button.
- Click 'Add an activity or resource' in the section of your course where you want the video to be displayed.
- Select the Label option from the resources list.
- Click Add which is located at the bottom of the 'Add an activity or resource' box.
- From the label description section click on the Panopto button.
Note: This feature is only available to Course Coordinators
- From the following screen you will have the option to choose from existing video content within the course media folder, upload a new video to the course media folder, or record a new video (this will open the Panopto recorder program).
- Once you have made your selection click the Insert button.
- Click the Save and Return to Course button.