Add a Zoom Activity In learnonline
Before you begin, if you have not yet used Zoom with UniSA please set up your Zoom account by going to unisa.zoom.us in a web browser and 'Sign In' using your UniSA credentials. Please see the video below for the process.
- On the course homepage, Turn editing on.
- Click 'Add an activity or resource' in the section of your course where you want the Zoom session to be displayed.
- Select Zoom meeting from the activities list.
- Click Add which is located at the bottom of the 'Add an activity or resource' box.
Zoom General Settings
- Name your Zoom session.
- Provide a description of the meeting if needed and choose to display the description on the course home page.
- Choose when you want the meeting to be and for how long it will run for.
- Choose if you want this meeting to be recurring, if you check this option, the meeting has no end date. Note: Meetings can be scheduled at the same time but can not be in use concurrently. This includes meetings hosted by alternate-hosts.
- You can enter a password that students must enter before joining the Zoom session.
- Choose the video and audio options for students joining your session.
- If this option is checked all participants are muted when they enter the meeting. Participants can unmute themselves during the meeting.
- If this option is checked, it allows students to join the session before the host joins. Note: This is suggested to allow tutors and alternate-hosts to enter if the host cannot attend.
- If this option is checked, all participants are placed in a waiting room upon login so that the host can control if and when a participant can join the meeting.
- If this option is checked, it only allows participants to join the meeting when they are signed in with their Zoom account.
- If this option is checked, all recordings from Zoom sessions are automatically added to the Zoom recordings folder of the particular course.
- The alternative host option allows you to schedule meetings and designate another staff member to start the meeting if you are unable to. See details on Zoom roles for what alternate-hosts can do. There are guides for adding alternative hosts and scheduling for someone else.
Click either Save and return to course or Save and display if you want to preview the activity.
Note: There are some simple Grade Settings in the Zoom session however the sessions can't be made summative.