As the host in a meeting, you can manage the participants. By default, any participant in a meeting can share their video, screen, and audio.
Clicking on Manage Participants in the Zoom navigation bar will enable you to utilise most of the below features:
The hosts and co-hosts control the following participant features during a Zoom meeting:
- Mute participants
- Request that a participant unmutes
- Stop a participant's video
- Request that a participant starts their video
- Prevent participants from screen sharing
- Rename a participant
- Put a participant on hold if enabled
- Choose to play an enter or exit chime
- Lock the meeting to prevent anyone new from joining
- Place participants in waiting room or admit/remove participants from the waiting room (waiting room can only be enabled by the host)
Note: By clicking the arrow on the left-hand side of the Participant or Chat window in Zoom, you will be able to Pop Out or un-dock the window. This will mean these tools are retained when you share your screen.
The Zoom Resource 'Managing Participants in a Meeting' has an overview of these features.