Teacher evaluations can be deactivated but course evaluations cannot.
The University has undertaken to automatically create teacher evaluations for all teachers associated with the delivery of a course. These evaluations are used in the context of improving course delivery and staff promotion and therefore should not be deactivated without the permission of the teacher being evaluated.
If an evaluation has inappropriately been created for a teacher the first action should be a discussion with the unit timetabler to determine whether the staff member has been inadvertently assigned to the class as an instructor (which triggers the evaluation). Correction of Medici data must be the first action.
If correction of Medici data is not possible, the Course Coordinator or Administrator has access to deactivate teacher evaluations. Permission from the affected teacher must be obtained prior to deactivation.
The following myCourseExperience page and process is only available to Course Coordinators / Administrators and detail of the person deactivating the evaluation will be recorded on-screen.
- Note 1: Deactivation is not possible if responses have been submitted. A Dean of Programs (or delegate) request for evaluation deletion must be logged with the Help Desk.
- Note 2: All deactivations are logged and a report to Dean of Programs (or delegate) can be generated on request.
Deactivating a Teacher Evaluation
- Log into myCourseExperience directly or via the other access options.
- Scroll down the page to the Teacher Evaluations section.
- Select the 'deactivate' link in brackets behind the teacher's name, as indicated by the arrow in the image below.
- Check the box only if the teacher agrees to the deactivation of their evaluation.
- Enter a reason for the deactivation.
- Select SAVE.