Using a Recording Studio
Andrew describes the operations of the control tablet for setting up the camera and making recordings.
During the Recording Session
- Make a booking to use the room.
- Slide the door sign to 'Recording in session'.
- Walk over to the touch screen and press anywhere on the screen
- Select what style you want to record with.
- Click OK.
- If required, you can click Advanced Mode and change camera angle, pan, tilt, zoom and focus. You can also select Green Behind and insert a background later.
- Plug your USB 3 into the wall input.
Turn on the lapel mic and attach it to your clothing in a discreet place but close enough to your mouth so your voice can be picked up clearly.
- Press record and wait 5 seconds before speaking. Pause if you want to take a rest but you will need to edit this in post production. When you press pause it will pause instantly, however, when you press pause to start recording there is a 5 second delay to give you time to get ready to record again.
- When you are done, wait for 5 seconds after you have finished speaking before pressing stop.
- Press OK and then Shut Down, or Start a New Session.
Before leaving a studio
- Remove your USB from the wall.
- Remove your USB from the computer if you used it for your presentation and log off from the computer.
- Put the lapel microphones back into the charger.
- Take all your devices such as laptop, tablet and USB sticks.
- Leave the room as you found it (eg. put the stools into the corners and remove all rubbish).
- Turn off the lights.
- Shut and lock the door behind you.
- Slide the sign on the door to 'Not in use'.
Last modified: Thursday, 9 January 2020, 11:12 AM