Reuse a Summative Quiz
If you choose to reuse a summative quiz the choices you made previously will still be there so minimal edits are required to get them ready for the next study period. However reviewing your quiz is a good idea to make any changes to the content that might be relevant.
- On the course homepage, Turn editing on.
- Select 'Edit settings' for the quiz you want to reuse:
- Click Modify Assessment method.
- Select the summative assessment this quiz is associated with through the Course Outline.
You can check multiple boxes if multiple offerings in your course are meant to undertake this quiz.
- Click Proceed to settings.
- The quiz name will default from the Course Outline but can be edited if required.
- The Close the quiz date will auto populate from the Course Outline if a specific date and time was put there - this can only be changed through the Course Outline.
See the Quiz Settings resource for further assistance with any other settings.
- Under Advanced options, select staff in Available Options and move them to the left-hand side to enable them to approve extensions.
Note: you must have at least one staff member listed on the left.
- Click Save and return to course or Save and display to check questions previously used in quiz.
Note: After saving, if the system takes you back to the course homepage then your quiz has saved. If it takes you back to the top of the quiz setting page you need to scroll down and there will be a red box indicating where there is an issue. For example:
After addressing the issue, scroll down to the bottom and click Save and return to course or Save and display again.