Apply Zero to a Quiz & Forum
This bulk grading feature is only available to course coordinators. If you are a tutor or have different Moodle privileges you will not be able to apply Zero to a Quiz or Forum.
To Apply Zero to a Quiz or a Forum
- Go to Grade Report under This Course > Grades See Grade Overview for details on locating the report.
- Click on the edit Pencil after the name of the quiz or forum shown in image below.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and check the default to apply only to Empty grades.
- Tick Perform bulk insert.
- Click Save.
- Click Continue on the next screen.
Image below is of the perform bulk insert option.
Please note: The zero grade only applies to ungraded assessment items. It will not override the existing marks of students that have submitted a quiz or forum.
This process is often done at the end of a course.