Add a Co-Host in a Meeting
Once a Zoom meeting has started a co-host can be added from the participants list. This is useful for:
- Enabling an admin or IT Support person to troubleshoot
- Allowing a member of the teaching team without prior host access to manage recordings
- If one of the alternate-hosts has accidentally entered as a participant
- Allowing a participant to share their screen
Assign a co-host
- You must be the host rather than the alternate-host. (If you scheduled the meeting for yourself you are the host.)
- Have signed in as a host, rather than a participant.
- The person must join the meeting using their UniSA credentials. They can do this via the specific meeting link in Learnonline or be sent the link. If you know their email, they can be invited to join from within the meeting.
- Hover over Participants in the bottom menu and click More.
- Assign as Co-host.
Note: Co-hosts assigned during the meeting by the host, they cannot start the session. Co-hosts are unable to manage breakout rooms. There are a few other limitations to the co-host role.