Zoom Webinars and Large Meetings
A standard Zoom meeting has a maximum number of 300 participants. If you are presenting to a larger group you can request that your Zoom account is upgraded to allow for Large Meetings. Large Meetings accommodate up to 500 participants.
First consider if a synchronous meeting with over 300 participants is the best approach. Zoom is used to facilitate two way, interactive sessions, with a large number of participants interaction and two way collaboration can be difficult.
Options for Large Meetings
- An alternate approach would be to provide any non-interactive content / presentation component as a recording, then run multiple interactive sessions with smaller groups. Panopto should be used for lecture and other recordings.
- Panopto also offers a webcast feature if you would like to live stream your content, and interactive features such as quizzes to check participants understanding.
- Zoom standard meetings can be customised for a range of formats. This can include
- attendance reports
- Registration page
- Host multiple external presenters
- Polls, and non-verbal feedback
- Zoom Webinars offer features specifically designed for presentation of materials, rather than interactive sessions. UniSA has a limited number of Webinar licenses and are typically used for activities outside of Learning and Teaching. Licenses will be assigned to use cases where a Zoom meeting or Panopto recording cannot meet core session requirements. Webinar licenses are assigned for specific events.
All UniSA staff and students have Zoom accounts. These can be associated by simply signing in at unisa.zoom.us
If a large meeting / webinar is the best approach, please follow the instructions below to request your account is upgraded.
UniSA has a limited number of Large Meeting licenses, so you will need to provide some detail about your use case and request via a Help Desk ticket which includes the following information:
- An overview of your use case,
- Expected participant numbers,
- Full Name and email address(es) of the meeting host and co-hosts,
- Start and End date and time.