Managing and Sharing Course Videos
Navigate the Panopto Web App
unisa.hosted.panopto.com is the online directory of videos at UniSA.
- Some videos are public but to view all videos Sign In with your staff credentials. This is located in the top right.
- Once you are signed your My Folder will be visible
- All course videos can be viewed under Browse. The folders may be greyed out but opening them will reveal specific course content.
- The fastest way to locate a Course Media Folder is to open Browse, then search in All Folders.
Share Content with a Course
Although videos can be embedded directly from your personal folder. It is suggested that you move the video to the Course Media Folder.
Please note: you may need to request access to the folder.
Folder Structure at UniSA
Users personal folders My Folder
- All staff have a folder (created on first Panopto login.
- Linked to an individual.
- Default permissions are locked down to only that person.
- Unable to share whole folder unless using a subfolder.
- Folder is archived if a staff member leaves.
Lecture Recoding System Folders
- Found under ‘Courses’ in Panopto.
- All automatic LRS sessions land in these folders.
- Only created for classes which are recorded using LRS.
- Linked to the course site under ‘Lecture Recordings’ on the associated course site.
- Linked to all offerings of the course for that study period by default.
- Course coordinator(s) for the course offering has creator access by default.
- Content won’t automatically link to future course sites.
Course Media Folders
- Available for all courses with a Moodle course site (UO and LO).
- A perpetual repository for the course. Will be associated with all current and future offerings for that course.
- All course coordinators for all offerings of that course have creator access to the folder.
- Automatically linked when using the Panopto button on a text editor from within the course site.