Check your App Version
Download the Zoom Desktop App
There is a browser option but the App has additional features including:
Zoom provides comprehensive support resources to get you started on Windows or Mac desktops.
AskIT Instructions to download the Zoom Desktop App for your Blueplate or personal computer.
Link to download Zoom https://unisa.zoom.us/download
Check for Updates
If you are missing tools a colleague has, for example, the reactions option was added in release 4.5. This could be due to;
- Your Role in a Zoom session, you will have a different view as a participant than host.
- Your personal zoom settings in the UniSA Zoom Portal.
- The meeting settings in the UniSA Zoom Portal.
- The Zoom App installed on your device is an older version.
To check which version of the Zoom App is installed and update it
- Open the Zoom App
- Click on your User Icon in the top right corner
- In the Menu below Help open About Zoom or Check for Updates
Note: You may need to uninstall existing versions of the Zoom App.
When finishing a meeting the option to update may also pop-up. This does not take long and keeping current resolves several issues.