3.9 Export forums
Forums can be exported from Moodle in common formats like Excel or PDF to be saved on your computer.
Exporting a forum
Navigate to the forum you want to export.
- Click on the arrow of the actions menu in the forum to open a drop down menu.
- Select Export from the drop down menu.
- Select the user or users whose forum entries you want to include in the export. Clicking on the down arrow of the search field will display the names of all participants of the forum. You can select participants by clicking on their names in the drop down menu. All selected participants are displayed above the search field. To export the contribution of all participants leave All users selected.
- Select the discussion or discussions of the forum that you want to include in the export. Clicking on the down arrow of the search field will display the titles of all forum discussions. You can select discussions by clicking on their title in the drop down menu. All selected discussions are displayed above the search field. To export all discussions leave All discussions selected.
- If you only want to export posts that have been published after a certain date you can tick the Enable box and select the date.
- If you only want to export posts that have been published before a certain date you can tick the Enable box and select the date.
- Select the format you want to have the forum exported in. Comma separated values (.csv), Microsoft Excel (.xlsx) and Portable Document Format (.pdf) are the preferred formats.
- The Remove HTML option removes all HTML tags (for example <p>) from the post. It is recommended to tick this box for better readability.
- The Human-readable dates option lets you display dates in a readable format rather than in a computer generated timestamp. It is recommended to tick this box for better readability.
- Click Export to start the exporting process. The export file should now download to your computer.
Last modified: Monday, 23 November 2020, 10:57 AM