Add or Remove Students & Staff
After you have created manual groups, you can add or remove people to this group. Please note that when adding people to a group, student names will only appear in the Potential members list if the student is officially enrolled in the course. Staff names will only appear in the list if the staff member's name has been added to the Program and Course Management System (PCMS) by their School Timetabler.
Adding Group Members
- To add people to a group, locate the ADMINISTRATION link in the far left menu on your course homepage and select Groups under the Course Administration menu.
- Click the 'Groups' link.
- Locate the group you want to add members to and select it.
- Click on the Add/remove users button.
- Select the person or people from the Potential members list that you want added to the Group members list (they will be highlighted).
Multiple people can be selected at once by holding the Ctrl key while selecting people's names.
The Search tool underneath the Potential members block can be used to quickly locate students within a large cohort.
- Once you have selected all the people you want to add to the Group members list, click the < Add button.
The page will refresh and the updated lists will display.
Removing Group Members
- To remove group members, follow steps 1 - 4 of Adding Group Members.
- Select the person or people's names in the Group members list that you want to remove, this will place them back in the Potential members list.
- Click the Remove > button. The page will refresh and the updated lists will display.