To get a greater insight into the findings of this project see the research papers of this study:
- Moderation of assessment in transnational higher education: Perspectives from transnational and Australian academic and administrative staff (PDF, 179KB) (presented at Australian International Education Conference 2009)
- Interpretations of comparability and equivalence around assessment: Views of academic staff in transnational education (PDF, 284KB) (Refereed paper, Australian University Quality Forum 2010)
- Collaborative approaches to moderation of assessment in transnational education (PDF, 168.6KB) (Refereed paper, Australian International Education Conference 2010).
- Hidden spaces in faraway places: The 'lonely work' of transnational partner tutors (PDF, 311KB) (Refereed paper, 36th Annual International HERDSA conference, Auckland, New Zealand, 1-4 July 2013)
TNE processes and practices are starkly under-represented in the literature on the internationalisation of higher education. A literature review (PDF, 564KB) and emerging themes (PDF, 333KB) around moderation of assessment in transnational education have been completed in this project. While there exists a growing body of assessment research , the process of moderation of assessment in higher education remains relatively unknown. Follow the links below to leading academic journals with suggestions of research areas relevant to assessment moderation and transnational education. Full access to the journals below is usually available through the library pages of instiutions that have hard copy or online subscription:
- Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education papers on assessment moderation in higher education
- Higher Education Research and Development papers on transnational teaching
- Higher Education: the International Journal of Higher Education and Educational Planning papers on quality assurance in transnational education
- Quality in Higher Education papers on quality assurance in transnational education
- Teaching in Higher Education papers on transnational teaching.
Some additional sources for research on transnational higher education:
- CIHE - Center for International Higher Education
- Database of Research in International Education
- The Observatory on Borderless Higher Education