|This program steps you through a series of readings and activities that will enable you to critically examine your own practices in transnational unit delivery, and assessment and plan for more successful outcomes.
Module 1 - Exploring understandings about assessment and moderation
What do we know about…
Are our understandings consistent…
- within the team?
- across borders?
- with policy or guidelines?
Professional Development Activities for the Individual Teacher
- Complete Survey 1 (PDF, 291KB)
- Complete Moderation Checklist (PDF, 499KB)
- Document key points (for follow-up if necessary)
Module 2 - Mapping existing moderation practices in transnational programs
What do we currently do?
- Do we have policies or guidelines?
- Who knows about them?
- Are they followed—how do we know?
- Are policies reviewed?
- Complete Survey 2 (PDF, 286KB)
- Read Narrative 1 (PDF, 326KB) and propose solutions
- Read TNE Research Paper 1 (PDF, 179KB)
- Identify issues
Module 3 - Examining expectations about assessment in transnational programs
- What are our responsibilities?
- What does comparable mean? What makes programs/assessment comparable?
- What does equivalent mean? What makes programs/assessment equivalent?
- Who determines standards, and how?
- Complete Survey 3 (PDF, 336KB)
- Read Narrative 2 (PDF, 313 KB) and propose solutions
- Read Narrative 3 (PDF, 318KB) and propose solutions
- Read TNE Research Paper 2 (PDF 284KB)
Module 4 - Building effective transnational relationships
- How do we communicate?
- How do we come to understand others’ views and positions on assessment?
- Who makes decisions?
- Trust—what does it mean?
- How do we recognise and resolve differences?
- Read Narrative 4 (PDF, 396 KB) and propose solutions
- Read TNE Research Paper 3 (PDF, 168 KB)
- Review documents in Cultural Section of Toolkit
- Plan for change as required
Module 5 - Practicing effective moderation in a transnational environment
- Visit the following site for a comprehensive treatment of Moderation: Curtin Moderation of Assessment site
- Consider the documents: Moderation Strategies (PDF, 395KB) and Moderation: Questions for Reviewing Procedures (PDF, 392 KB)
- Review own practices and plan to change as required