The course format: Grid will not be supported past 2019. From 2020 you will no longer be able to select Grid format for new or copied course sites. Following the Moodle upgrades, in Dec 2019, Grid format will no longer be listed as an option for the course format.
Why is Grid format being removed?
- There are concerns about the level of accessibility when using grid format.
- Neither Moodle nor the external maintainer are supporting Grid format.
What happens to existing courses?
- As each site is upgraded at the end of 2019, existing courses with Grid format will revert to the default format, which is Weeks. Grid images will not be displayed, but all other content is retained.
- When next copying over your site, consider changing to a different format to get ahead of the change.
- From 2020 you will need to select a different format.