Add readings by importing a RIS file (e.g. from EndNote)
You can add references that you have collected in a reference manager (e.g. EndNote) by saving them in a RIS file.
For example, in EndNote:
1. Select the references you want to add to the reading list. Choose the File menu, and select Export:
2. In the Output style dropdown list, choose RefMan (RIS) Export. If you can’t see it on the list, then choose Select Another Style, use the Quick Search box to find RefMan, and click Choose:
3. Choose a safe place to save your file and give it a memorable File name. Make sure Export Selected References is ticked, then choose Save:
4. In eReserve, on the reading list, use the Add menu button and select Readings from file:
5. Use the Select a file button to locate the file you saved, and choose Open:
6. On the right hand side, fill in whether the readings you are importing are required or recommended, and add any notes. These details will be applied to each reading in the file, but you can change them individually later.
7. Finish by choosing the Submit button. Your reading file will be processed in the background, and you will receive an email when the processing is complete.
Watch the video below for a full demonstration of the process (from EndNote):