Welcome to our website
||Tell us||Find us|
We are Dr David Birbeck, Ms Hayley Timms, Ms Anne Lonie, Ms Kirsty Summers, and Dr Nayia Cominos.
- Dr David Birbeck: +61 8 830 22642; P5-03C; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Nayia Cominos: +61 8 830 21492; P5-03A; email@example.com
- Ms Hayley Timms: +61 8 830 21724; P5-03B; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Anne Lonie: +61 8 830 21827; P5-03B; anne email@example.com
- Ms Kirsty Summers: +61 8 830 22172; P5-03B; firstname.lastname@example.org
How our team can help you
We can help you to design, teach and innovate in your courses, and to develop your practice in teaching and learning, especially in online teaching and learning.
In short, we are here to support you in your role as a health educator.
For example, would you like to know more about ...
- Using technology and teaching external students
- Aligning course objectives and assessment and learning activities
- The theories of learning and the principles of teaching
- Assessment and feedback
- Improving your teaching and your students' satisfaction
- Helping students with issues in language, literacy, numeracy and communication
- Professional development networks and opportunities
- Helping your students transitioning to work
Contact us for: one-to-one teaching consultations, help with online teaching environments, workshops and seminars, help in solving teaching problems, peer review, course evaluation, and more ...
What we do
David is the Academic Developer for the HCS Division. He works collaboratively with academic staff around a wide range of teaching and learning areas, including designing courses and programs, creating engaging online and blended learning environments, teaching practice, evaluation and recognition of success, support the sharing of practice, and 1:1 consultation to support educators.
Anne and Hayley and Kirsty are the Online Educational Designers. They work with academic staff in the shaping and development of courses for online delivery; give advice, training and support in the use of all types of educational technologies; and help to develop learning resources.
Nayia is the Learning and Literacy Coordinator for the Division. In addition to providing general support to learning and teaching, she is working with the Division on transition to work projects, such as including appropriate use of social media in academic and professional contexts, and improving spoken and written communication between clinicians and patients, and within healthcare teams.
We are located in the Playford Building at the City East campus, in Room P5-03, behind the glass doors between the elevators (where the Divisional Executive used to be).
To find us, take the elevator up to Level 5. If you are in the elevator closest to Centenary Building, turn left outside the elevator. If you are in the elevator closest to Bonython Jubilee Building, turn right outside of the elevator.
Follow the corridor until you see a glass door on the right marked 'Access to PVC Meeting Room P5-04'; the area behind this door is P5-03.
Enter through the glass sliding doors and walk to the back of the area, past the counter. You will see P5-03B on the right.
You can see a 360° image of our work area below. Use your mouse to rotate the image and get the full picture.