Choice Theory Basics
This learning object contains a synopsis and learning activities drawn from William Glasser's Choice theory. It can assist individuals appreciate about personal responsibility for change as a component of effective collaboration.
Personalising the perceived world
With a partner or small group, discuss the following:
- Your perceptions concerning the following:
- a great way to spend a Friday night
- one favourite food and one food you try to avoid
- a favourite song from your high school years
- a famous person (dead or alive) that you would like to meet.
- A perception that you've held that changed. How and why did it change?
- A perception you currently hold that you might want to change.
- Based on your discussion, what conclusions can you make about the perceived world?